Monday, March 31, 2008

Photos in Trash Bags

"So what if I don't write it down? I know that humble storeowner is as proud as he can be about his daughter, so much so, he probably feels like he won the silver medal in pole vaulting."

"Well, you may be right, but why are we talking about this? Did you get me what I needed from the store?"

"You didn't tell me you needed anything!"

"I told you yesterday."

"You did? When?"

"I was looking through a pile of old photos and I said I needed some large trash bags to throw them all out."

"Why are you getting rid of them?"

"I don't know the people in them anymore."

"Don't you want to remember them?"

"Nah, I won't ever see any of them ever again."

"Why not?"

"They all live in other states."

"Don't you want to keep the photos as reminders?"

"They are reminders, of a time that can never be retrieved nor duplicated."

No comments: